1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Followup : 2003 Taconic's BBQ

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CARDOCTOR, Oct 18, 2003.

1. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

just like to thank taconic maint. for their hospatality on sat
    the bbq was a great time

where else can you see almost all the major equipment manuf.
    on display and it was a pleasure to meet alot of the plowsite regulars

cardoctor

:drinkup: :drinkup:

2. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Followup : 2003 Taconics BBQ

As usual, the bbq seems to be over quicker than it began. I got there a little before 10am and the place was packed with equipment. The fog that had covered the area before was lifting off and it turned out to be as nice of a day as it was two years ago.

There were a lot of vendors, every major brand of plow was there along with some spreaders, caterpillar equipment, downester spreaders, st jacques enterprises and more. I met wxmn6, cardoctor, prosnow , snowplowjay, ct18fireman, john dimartino, chuck smith and his wife, alan and his wife, brimow525, Pelican, 99SDPSD and our host, Taconic and i'm sure there's others i forgot.

My digital camera died half way through the show, so i'm going to compile a photo album with some other photos from plowsite members. Click on the link in my signature, and it will be the first photo album on the top.

It was a great time, lots of laughs, and i hope to see everyone next year!

Thanks again John Parker/ aka Taconic for hosting this event.

Bryan

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, what a great turnout! The weather have been cooperating all day, much better than last year! Alot of equipment on display, and alot of great Plowsite people. I met so many members that I lost tracking of. Met Jerre Heyer, Chuck and his wife Chris, Bryan (snow), Cardoctor, Pelican, SnowplowJay, Mick, Got Grass, Sonjaab, John Parker, ProSno, Brimow525, John DiMartino, JCurtis, Alan, and everyone else that I did not remember to mention. :waving:

Saw a bunch of nice equipment on display and I will be posting pictures of them. I probably took pics of nearly every equipment that was there, but will post just some of them to allow some of you to post your own pics, just to be on fair side. ;)

It was definitely a wonderful event and I, without a doubt, would be going there again next year! :D :nod:

Thanks again John for hosting this great event! It would not have be possible without you, and Bryan (snow).

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. Im sure there was tons of nice new equipment to see also. It must have been cool to meet alot of the guys here from PlowSite too, put a face with a user name, maybe next year I will move my lazy butt, hehe. I cant wait to see the pictures you guys have. Mike :)

5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

:D
    Once again a big THANK YOU to John Parker and all the fine people at Taconic Maintenance for another wonderful snowplow BBQ.

I just thought I would rush home and post a few of the many pics that were taken... ( I saw a whole mess of PLowsite guys and gals up there today) and a bunch of them had digital cameras, so there should be a whole s*** load of pics.:cool:

See what I mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Its Al Nadeau from Vuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmont

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 017.jpg

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

And Jerre drove all the way in with his rig

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 007.jpg

7. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

a few other shots

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 002.jpg

8. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

and another

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 005.jpg

9. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

more good stuff

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 001.jpg

10. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah Mike, I told you several times that you really should have come, and that you would miss alot of stuff if you didn't come. Oh well, there always will be next year so you better come the next time! ;)

Pics are coming up. I will be posting a few of them here, but Byran (snow) will have a photo album created after I sent him a batch of pics that I took, so you can view it from there. :)

11. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

and some more

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 006.jpg

12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

13. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey, nice couple of pics you posted! I like that new UltraMount sitting there, hehe. Jerres new Ford with the Blizzard and sidewing is a nice looking combo. :drinkup: Mike :)

EDIT: Wow I just the other pictures above, I was posting while you were still putting up more. Great looking equipment!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  14. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

This is not your daddy's snowblower

and another

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 016.jpg

15. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

a "Magic" Truck

One of John Parkers trucks

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 012.jpg

16. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

The Motherload of Magic

is what you find sitting behind the MAGIC PALACE

By the way...... any need a pusher of twenty? see Mr. Parker, he has a few assorted sizes just laying around.

taconic snowplow bbq_2003 014.jpg

Last edited: Oct 18, 2003
  17. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

BBQ pics

Can you find Chuck ?

snoman.jpg

18. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

BBQ

Inside

inside.jpg