1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Foggy & rainy weekend

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 06HD BOSS, Sep 27, 2008.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

We had 3" of rain yesterday, forecasted another 1-3" today and possibly more tomorrow morning. Why doesnt it snow in this kind of pattern? Remember about a month ago how we were talking about the #'s of fogs in August relating to storms in winter....Does September count? a few mornings out of the last week have been foggy. this is today.

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's foggy here and we missed most of the rain, we actualy still have a tractor out working in the feilds.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Beautiful weekend here, I'll take sunny skies and temps in the 70's for the end of September every year. :nod:

5. 06HD BOSS

my boots were sinking in just walking on the field. those ruts i made were on the highest part of the field. the low parts are like a swamp.

6. 06HD BOSS

you deserve it after the spring you had :jester:

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Buy bigger shoes or lose some weight.:drinkup:

8. 06HD BOSS

Tims girl told me my shoes are already too big :p

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Anything would seem big to Tom's wife.:D

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I told you the rain was coming, no1 wanted to believe me! Dave please tell ur girl im not going to let her borrow thw 100!:waving:

11. 06HD BOSS

Is that kinda like what enzo was telling you guys that you dont believe? lol
    I never doubted you about the rain, now please tell me when the 1st snow will be :waving:

12. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

We have had quite a few foggy mornings as well :)

13. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

Nice Dave, looks like I cant dump the grass back there until it dries up. Looks like your dog's head is buried under ground lol

14. 06HD BOSS

youre shut off from dumping anyways. I now charge $20 a load.

15. JDFireFord64

JDFireFord64 Junior Member

holy crap! you cant even see anything on the other side of the pond, thats nuts. speaking of which how am i gonna come chill on your foggy farm and stock the pond with fish if u ditch me every day of your life, btw you used to enjoy loads for free

16. Noose

Noose Junior Member

My Grandpa always watched nature over t.v. for weather. Watch for sun dogs/ horse tail clouds and fish scale clouds for changes in weather, mark 90 days after a fog to plan your day to hunker in. Watch the muskrat and beaver construction in the fall to know how much feed to bring up to the barn.
    They still stand true for me. So far in the Alberta region we're destined to have a mediocre temp winter (the beaver and muskrat are building in 15 point ring of the ponds.) The month of February looks to be profitable for snow, foggy the beginning of November.