1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fogging oil on plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Feb 20, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

My dealer recommended I spray the metal parts of my plow with fogging oil to protect them while in storage over the summer. Does anyone else do this? Should I spray the plow during the winter also?

Joel B.
  2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge Senior Member

i wd-40 mine year around found that it cuts down on the rust also keeps everything lubed up nicely ..
  3. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Member

I use cooking spray on the moldboard, spray anything that moves with white grease, plus white grease on cylinders when off truck, I'll repaint come spring with oil base paint.
  4. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

I use a fogging / rust protective coating from Graingers. Only about $4 a can, CRC product I think. Also use it to protect bare metal parts for say an engine project. It is sticky and makes a nice protective coating. Probably overkill for the plow parts, but I had it for other reasons.
  5. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:waving: i got a 1 gallon pump sprayer w/ diesel in it and i coat all moving parts on the plow as well as my sander, i also spray the sander in between salt operations keeps the salt from adhearing to the hopper, tony
  6. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Lube Job

1 gallon of diesel mixed with 1 Quart of motor oil in an old windex bottle works great and is cheap.
  7. wyldman

wyldman Member

We use a product called Fluid Film.It is a wax based product instead of petroleum based,and a lot easier on the ground\environment.

Fluid film