1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fog lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Apr 27, 2008.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, I have a 04 sierra with factory fogs lights, and the other day I replaced the drivers side bulb, well went to turn them on the next day and that same one i just replaced is now out again? I have thought about the possiblity of a bad bulb but this has been happening for a while now, but on either side. My lens on the lights are bad, but they are still there, I think there is a break in the seal where the light housing is and the lens. Also I talked to a good firend who works at my local Gmc dealer and he said it could be a short of some sort maybe?.
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Sounds like (but not sure) it is moisture. Any moisture on a halogen bulb will cause it to go out, even the oil from your skin in the form of a finger print can cause it.

Hope that helps

I've thought about that too, just way to cheap to buy any right now. I am always really careful when I do put bulbs in anything
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A short wouldn't pop the bulbs, in fact it would blow the fuse first regardless.

Like Indyplower touched on, ever find any moisture in the light housings? If so, then you can be sure thats what is shortening the bulb life.

Accually, I know theres water in the lens cause I can see it. Although I can't figure out how it got in there?. I think there is a crack in between the lens and the housing itself. Only way I can think of how it got broke is when I was washing it this winter and maybe bumped it?. I know the old ones on the 01 and 02s the lens' would always fall off those things.