1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PahlsLawnCare, Mar 10, 2008.

1. PahlsLawnCare

PahlsLawnCare Junior Member

Fog lights randomly stopped working on my 02HD any suggestions? tried getting a new fuse but nothing happened i have a lenz missing on the passenger side do they quit working when one bulb is blown?

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Nope.. but blown bulbs will do it. Get a volt meter in the socket or test the bulbs with a ohm meter.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So will a bad fog light relay or fog light switch. Time for some basic checks with a DVOM like Yaz mentioned.

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Right B&B, with todays cars and trucks a volt/amp/ohm meter and a code reader should be part of with your tool kit in your truck.

5. PahlsLawnCare

PahlsLawnCare Junior Member

checked the fuses not blown. the switch wont light up and i dont have any power going to the plugs when i test those still cant figure it out

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What about the fog relay? Did you check it?

If no luck with the relay, pull the fog switch out of the dash and check it there. The switch is easy to remove. Simply pull the instrument surround off and remove the switch from the dash to check the wiring.