1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fog lights question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dodgegmc1213, Apr 1, 2014.

1. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

i got aftermarket fog lights in my 04 2500 came with a harness, relay, fuse and toggle switch. I bought an hid kit for them and I want to take the harness out. I just want them to come on when the lights do, my first idea was splice into the marker lights but then they'll be on even with the plow hooked up. so my idea now is splicing into the low beams since they turn off on the truck when the plows on. has anyone done this before? would there be enough juice to run both low beam and fogs with hids at the same time?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The New lights will be on with the plow on.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, you have to splice into the plow light adapter for the low beams the kills power the the truck light and provides it to the plow lights.

4. dodgegmc1213

Ok im gonna take a pic when I take the headlight out because I have aftermarket head lights also and its hard to explain what I got. My truck harness plugs into the headlight harness then wires run into the light bulbs, its not the factory plug is connected to the bulb like in the stock headlights. So I was gonna splice it to those wires that run to the bulb, that should work no?

5. dieselss

Test light it if your not sure. But like snow said gotta tap into the plow side wire. What kinda plow as well?

6. dodgegmc1213

Fisher xblade but im not sure if ill have that plow next year I would like a boss dxt

7. dieselss

Hate to say it, but might just be easier to put it on a seperate switch

8. dodgegmc1213

i want to avoid that but if i have to then so be it.

9. dieselss

What's the issue. Then you can turn them on and off whenever and don't have to worry bout turning on your parking or regular headlights.

10. dodgegmc1213

i already got a bunch of wires running in and out of the truck to switches and will be adding another when i put an electric fan on. So i was gonna just go to the headlights, easier and only need them when i have the headlights on. Turn the knob both come on

11. dieselss

Not sure how yours is but ford has a fog light switch built, into there headlight switch. Might be worth looking into if you could get that from dodge

12. dodgegmc1213

i think dodge does to but since this truck didnt come with the fog light option idk what it will take to install it like it came from the factory

13. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

14. dodgegmc1213

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Easy fix if it does.

16. dodgegmc1213

i do have plugs behind the bumber on both sides with caps on them idk what there for