1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FNG in the area

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Dusty Dran, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Dusty Dran

Dusty Dran Junior Member

Hi guys, this kinda fell in to an idea ive been toying with for the last month or two, starting a small snow removil bussness to suplement my job as a mechanic at the local Highway dept garage. i have more than enough trucks i could turn in to plow trucks, not even sure wich one i should tinker with, or if this even a worth while presuit. i live in a small >10,000 pop. and just about everyone has at leats one 4x4, granted they arent set up like my off road trucks, but better than a honda civic in 8" of powder. would any of you be willing to explain how best to get started? i have a plow, a 6 foot blade made by only god knows who. i havent hooked it up or even bought it, guy i bought my 80 Ford from has it. 100 bucks for everything to put it on and have it working. so thats one problem out of the way, i have a plow. any imput would be nice. thanks.
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Got a question. If you work for the state, then aren't you suppost to be at the shop when its snowing? If so, how can you plow for your own stuff then while its snowing. :cool:
  3. Dusty Dran

Dusty Dran Junior Member

easy enough, i worked a fixed schdual becuase i do pretty much matinence only at the garage, so i would have time to plow before and after working (9a-4p)
  4. a friend of mine put a box made of wood in front of his van,with the weight of his tools he plowed his looong laneway,wouldn't have believed it if i didn'tsee it myself.if your friend will mount the oplow for a 100 bucks i'd go for it. i took a plow off a chev. once and tryed to hook it up to a ford.wrong.no work,plows for fords,chev,dodge are all different,just like wheel studs.,150plow kinda light but will work , just dont push yourself into the snow to far or you will get stuck,trust me iknow.take shovel with u always.250 ford better because heavier and higher off ground have fun, gary snow
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2006