1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FMF Exhaust on my TORO 2000

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by asnowsquall, Feb 21, 2004.

1. asnowsquall

asnowsquall Junior Member
    from VT

Check out the exhaust I'm building for my TORO 2000 with the 4.5 hp Suzuki motor. The expansion chamber is for a 96 Suzuki RM125 and I won it on ebay for $20 shipped to my house. The FMF silencer was a little more at $35 and should be on its way here. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like. Hopefully I can jet it so I can get it to run right! Well, I'm having fun anyways.... This blower was from Maryland and hardly has been used. $250 off ebay shipped to my house. Just had to put the carb back together as it got gummed up and the guys neighbor didn't know how to put it back together, hence the low usage. Let me know what you think....
    Dave

toro exhaust5.jpg

2. D'MAXXDIESAL

D'MAXXDIESAL Junior Member

thats the coolest damn thing ive ever seen, ure not gona hold it on with dict tape are ya ? thatll burn off like it wasnt even there, and also your gona need some ear plugs and a few pairs of ear muffs to keep from goin def.. those are sooo loud especially with the big end pipe on alot of the 2 stroke racing bikes... but thats pretty sweet, put up sum pics with it in the snow, IF WE GET ANY ! AHHH !!, whateever bye

3. asnowsquall

from VT

I hope the silencer that I won will be quiet enough, I didn't get a shorty. Check it out here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...5573&item=2460856220&sspagename=STRK:MEBWN:IT
    It has a spark arrestor just in case I go out in the woods with it!
    The tape is just to hold it together during the design phase as the expansion chamber has 4 cut in it so that I could shape it like you see it. I was trying all different ways, I really didn't want to hang it off the side but it looks the best and I can get support off the side. The handle bars are rubber mounted so no support from that.

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Too damm cool, watch out if it back fires at ya, might catch ya on fire, could be used to light ya up [​IMG]

5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Can you fab a turndown for the end? You might get tired of the fumes shooting out at you. Run synthetic oil for less odor and smoke.

6. asnowsquall

from VT

Believe me, I'll do my best to make it so the fumes shoot away. I like synthetic oil, but we all know how 2-strokes don't burn all of the gas oil mixture. I wonder how much of the syntheic stuff actually makes it into your lungs? You know if an when it gets there its never coming out. Wonder it it makes it to the blood stream.... Bet it does. I'm thinking regular TORO 2stroke oil will be fine.

7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

It would be cool if you could post a soundbite of it running.

8. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

Only thing left is some rims for that bad boy!! ;)

9. asnowsquall

from VT

My new Christmas present is a SONY DSC-f717 digital camera and it shoots some decent video's so all I'll need after the project has been completed is some wet snow, my tripod, and some web space to post the video's with sound. Gpguy I think I need Rim's and a chute on my back. I'd like the propane gas like they do on Monster Garage for nice flames out the exhaust, that would be cool.

10. asnowsquall

from VT

I've got video clips that I took with my SONY DSC-F717 of this thing in action without a silencer (for now). I've got them on a server with free service, but because it's free you guys can't see them. For now you can send me an email and I'll send you a clip. One of the files is 3 MB so it will take a while to download, I'm on cable access, so no biggie. It would be hard for me to say if it is more powerful or not because it's so friggin loud that it sounds stronger and may not be. I'm not going to run it again in my neighborhood without the silencer. I would like at some point to do some type of test compairing the stock exhaust to the performance exhaust. Who know this exhuast may wind up on Ebay someday, or I've got a friend out in the country where nobody lives close by to hear it. I wonder what effect reed valves would have on this type of motor? I haven't done anything will the main jet yet...
    My email is asnowsquall@yahoo.com
    Dave