1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FMCSA CSA 2010 Initative

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Crash935, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I havent seen this mentioned yet. And since some of you guys are really fond of what the DOT has been doing latley, i thought i would give you a heads up of the latest and greatest thing coming your way!

Basically what they are going to be doing is rating the company and driver on their past record from the last 3 years. Ratings are nothing new with the DOT. But, a poor rating for the company can have your numbers pulled and a poor rating for a driver can have their CDL pulled along with keep you from hiring a driver with a poor rating. Anything from being involved in a accident that wasnt your fault, any type of traffic violation (wheter you recived a ticket or not), inspections, driver fatigue, load securement and roadside inspections to name most of them will affect the company and driver.

I have included a link with the basics of what is going to be coming and will add more as i find them.

I have been following this in several trade publications for the trucking industry. And even though it will help to remove bad drivers, good drivers will be penialized for things that were not their fault.

Read up and if you have any questions go ahead and post them and i will try and answer them as best i can along with other links.

And yes, you will see this same post on the other sites i visit.
  2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

cliff notes:
    we're boned yet again.
  3. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

See, *this* I why I don't pull over.