1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flyers

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by RN Lawncare, Sep 18, 2009.

1. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare Member

Just wondering what some of your flyers or ad's look like cause I'm gonna make some and need some ideas.

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Me personally I put an ad in the paper and I put one on the internet. I would make a couple ads up and see what one appeals to you more.

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I put fllyers up in all the local stores. They don't have to be fancy but they should have the "phone number pull tab things" on the bottom of the flyer IMO.

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Word of mouth is the way to go. Quality before quantity :D I would do what Mercer said but make up flyers that you would put in mailboxes of neighbors and houses close to. The reason I say that is because you can only go so far with an atv before people get angry and cops get suspicious..

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

you put anything in a mail box and the owner wants you get arrested, it's a federal offense, i am not shitting you

6. RN Lawncare

RN Lawncare Member

Ok thanks alot

Ok I'll make sure to put those on it

Yah, well i'm not worried about cops, me and my buddy pull a sled with our friends on it behind our quad and 3 wheeler all winter and nobody says anything.

Yah, well I could go door to door, it's a joke with all some of these stupid law's and all these dumb lawsuits, now in michigan in 2 years to drive a jet ski by yourself you have to be 16, right now it is 14:nod:so I can drive mine alone with my buddy riding his but when it changes to 16, lol i'll be 16 so it just sucks for younger kids.

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Thats true. I didnt think of that but door to door would definitely be the smarter choice...

Lol. Thats true, in the winter I drive my quad fairly far and the cops are much more lenient when they see a snowplow.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I had alot of success using bold colors and big lettering last year. I also tack a card holder with a business card version of the same thing right beside it for easy access. The less a prospective customer has to think the better. Even if they crab it while in a rush, there going to have my number in there purse or pocket when they remember "I need a new plow guy".

Interesting story...I was waiting for a pizza one night at a local convenience store and witnessed two people crab a card on there way out the door. They barley even looked at the flyer....I suspect they saw the plow picture and BAM.....just what I wanted. I heard from both of them within a weeks time.

[​IMG]

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ryan, good looking flier..basic and too the point. Its eye catching, but not over loaded.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Thanks man. There is a small time company here in Rockland, Maine I stole the idea from. I forget there name, but it's on the front of my plow. :jester:

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice flyer. But, why is the Fisher logo on the rite side of the plow in 2 of the pictures?

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Mirror image...reverse's everything, including the driver.