1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flyers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Timbercrk1, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

I am trying to put a flyer together. Does anyone have any that they could share? Thanks for the help.

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

You might try searching this. Are you looking for something to give to residential customers or commercial customers?

3. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Mostly Residentials...

4. J&R Landscaping

Flyers might be a good way to pick up a few customers. For commercial clients, it would be better to meet with them face to face IMO.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with meeting the clients. For driveways, i would put an add in the local paper. If you had out like 500 flyers you might get a hand full. The local paper worked good for me with the driveways. Commercial lots i got were from word of mouth. I was also able to contact the site owner. Sometimes owners of the lots will leave signs with a number to call if you wanted to rent the store they had available. It might be the owner directly or his office. I asked them if they have a contractor that plows snow. And we take it from there. Good luck

6. jhowe

jhowe Junior Member

1) How do you guys feel about mailing out personalized letters to the businesses that would like to target?
    2) How many call backs should you expect from flyers?

7. J&R Landscaping

For lawncare and such, it is normally about 1-3% signage rate. Thats what I've found out on LS anyway and thats what the majority say so it seems to be somewhat accurate.

8. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I picked up 3 res. accounts last year with 100 flyers. But I think I put them out to late, when do guys in the north east put out flyers?

9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I tried the fleyer idea just for the fun of it a couple of years ago, I put out around 150 of them and I had just one call and that one person wasn't really interested.

The best way is to advertise in your local paper, I've been doing this for the last 4 years and the phone will hardly stop ringing.

10. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

A 3% return is fairly impressive. I dont think ive converted more than 3% on direct distribution and I put out around 2500 flyers last year.

11. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

some say 1to3% other say 3to5% so take you pick newspaper works well tho

12. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Heres our latest. Hope it helps, what do you think?

Attached Files:

13. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I probably sent out 350 letters to individual businesses, and property management companies this year, probably got 15 responses. In my opinion phone calls saying i plow the place across the street from you, or next door or whatever is the best way to do it, walking in to a place introducing yourself and leaving a business card with a receptionist isnt bad either.

14. ALLABOUTSNOW

ALLABOUTSNOW Member

I dig the flyer Redneck. I do flyer's alot also, the last 500 I put out I got 6 jobs from, all signed work. I can't say the i am a believer yet I have another round of 500 going out on Friday. If any thing at least I am exercising walking all those streets. I do believe word of mouth and references are still the best advertisement.

15. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

We have inserts put into the local paper its not cheap but it really pays off, I think I ended up with at least 20 signed contracts and a large condo unit from 500 not a bad deal eh?payup

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

17. ALLABOUTSNOW

ALLABOUTSNOW Member

Grandview you got a great flyer too... Its tough out there this year people are really cutting throats .. I don't understand. A gallon of gas is a gallon of gas and what is costs for the equipment is still going to be there weather you are a big company or small. With everyones buget getting blown out of the water last year properties I am finding are really tightening there belts on money.