1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flyers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MICHPLOWER, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MICHPLOWER

MICHPLOWER Member

Is anybody putting out flyers this season. I was thinking of doing a flyer to get a couple more residential to fill up my route. Any imput

Thanks

2. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Generally flyers can be an inexpensive form of advertising, however the success rate can be pretty low. It's a good way to target a specific area if you are putting them out yourself. Most people won't hardly look at them and if they do most will go in the trash. If you put out 1000 flyers and get 25 customers, you did pretty good IMO. If you put them out yourself, i would advise against putting them ON mailboxes, and certainly not IN, unless you want a nastygram and/or fine from your local postmaster. I've had some success, however I usually only target specific potential clients rather than just canvassing an entire area with flyers. Good luck.

3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I try to ALWAYS have a stack of fliers in the truck. Today I was driving home and decided to hit a few businesses and drop off fliers. Kept going until I ran out :) Never know when you'll have an hour or two free and be able to target key businesses.

4. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Door Hangers are another form of relatively in-expensive advertising.

5. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

Qick question from the vet's of plowing snow. I have been plowing for two years and now starting to get the hang of things but remind you im in louisville, KY so there is not to much snow here. I am looking to put out flyers also but not really sure what to put on them. As in price per lot(salt/plow)? or a hourly reate? Or just services offered and a phone number to reach? If you could please help me out a little bit.

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I don't put any pricing on the fliers.

7. Theshoemaker

Just put services and phone#. If you have a promotion going then include that, other than that, it's a toss-up. If you plan on putting plowing for 15$ or such, hopefully you can only target 15$ drives. What happens when somebody passes the 15$ flier to a friend with a 30$ drive?? And vice versa, maybe they have a small drive and it's been goin for 10?? It may not be whats on the flyer as much as how efficently you can distribute it. I can tell you that flyers have a lower percentage return rate vs other methods so you will need to distribute a lot if you are trying to gain numbers

8. Theshoemaker

or try: Services starting at just xx.00 per visit
    Or: Seasonal contracts from xxx.00

9. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

flyer

any ideas on better advertisement. Keep in mind this is a small company and do it on the side of regular job.

10. Theshoemaker

In my area, you can run an ad for 20$ a week in small local paper
    Word of mouth or referals are always cheap lol.

11. KYFF205

KYFF205 Junior Member

thank you very much