1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flyers Do they work

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by pongow26, Jan 6, 2009.

1. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

I have a flyer I was going to put up and want to know what you all think. Has anyone else ever tryed using flyers? Well here is a copy tell me what you think

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  2. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

its ok i wouldnt give rates on it though cause if they dont like they wont call give estimates. and you have to many questions. also you cannot read the font in red up top it comes up in pictures. check my website your more than welcome to get some things off of it. www.pertcontracting.com

3. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I get about 2 calls per hundred fliers IF I am lucky.

4. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

where do u hand ur flyers out as well helps

5. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

where do you hand yours out?

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Also, you spelled "length" wrong. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Oh, also, 1 or 2 % call back is about normal.

7. Mine worked very well for me. They are half page in size printed on heavy glossy photo paper in full color. I mail thousands at a time out with our postal service's flyer distribution program.

Remember, your flyer is your first impression. Make it good.

8. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Ok I revised a bit how does this look? The font in red is unreadable due to diffrence in software from my pc to yours

Attached Files:

9. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Boring.
    Try a 2 sided print. Graphics in color on one side. (company logo, truck pushing snow, or a clean drive)

Contact info with bullet points for features such as sidewalks done and salted ect...

Keep it to a half page or less in size. If you can get it done on post-it paper, even better. Stick it to the box or to the front door.

10. jhawk60

jhawk60 Junior Member

Here is one I have started working on;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  11. i would keep it simple but eye catching. second one looks better. mabey add some more color and possibly a border. all you want the flyer to do is get the person to call you. you do the rest when your talking to them. if you have insurance, definatly mention that. like qualitycut said though only expect about 2-4% call back. they do usually bring a few calls though, at least in my area. good luck!!

12. jhawk60

jhawk60 Junior Member

Pongow26, I hope you don't mind, but I revised your opening paragraph for you.

Snow in the North-land causes many headaches for businesses as well as today's busy homeowners. Let us handle the winter weather for you and make your life easier. Services from plowing parking lots and driveways, to clearing sidewalks and entryways, including ice control are available. We constantly monitor weather conditions and begin our emergency services the moment two inches has accumulated on the ground. We service any size property with equal dedication, getting businesses open and homeowners out of their drives. Proudly serving the Grand Rapids area.

13. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Saying no damage from plow blades is really generalizing all plow operators as guys who don't know how to plow. I know you're trying to set yourself apart and get work but what will you do if you ever decide to grow and use a plow? You've told your customer the reason they should use you is because your blowers won't damage the lawn.

14. I agree with this. Telling people that is a very bad idea. You could screw yourself out of some long term business in the end.

15. jhawk60

jhawk60 Junior Member

It is a work in progress and some wording may get changed. Any input is welcome and in no way am I attempting to disparage plow operators in general.

90% of the drives around here are single width to a garage in the back, the majority being gated with an 8' gate somewhere along the drive. A car parked in the drive is more common than not so blowing and/or shoveling would still be necessary. I see a plow for these drives as a non-starter.

It has been a number of years since I had a plow on one of my trucks, but I do hope to change that in the future. Growth would more than likely be handled as a separate commercial division with a worker promoted to handle the residential/sidewalk aspect.

Of course this is all pie in the sky at the moment, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the input.

16. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

also you dont have any contact info on it

17. jhawk60

jhawk60 Junior Member

LOL, I know, it's not finished yet. I was thinking of using a seperate line for this but haven't decided yet.

18. huss691981

huss691981 Member

I put them out there but don't rely on them for much. I find that I have better luck with cold calls on comm, and word of mouth on res. Mike

P.S. Got some gool looking equipment there Pert.

19. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

Hey thats awesome, I hope you dont mind me copying and pasting that :D Good thing I plow snow and work in a kitchen and not in advertising. Thanks for the help:waving:

20. jhawk60

jhawk60 Junior Member

Not at all, my intention was to try and help. :)