1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flyering already???? Michigan

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow man Foster, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

is it really necessary to start flyering in august in michigan??? Just got a call from my dad that a local Lowballer just put a snow contract in his mailbox....

is it just me or is it early to be flyering resis? Now i know its about time to be getting bid in for Commercal accounts but i've never sent out fliers for snow removal before fall cleanups!

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Its a Federal offense to put fliers in mailboxs in Maine .... If its the same in MI call the post office and get him in hot water!....LOL

3. Plow man Foster

he put it in the bottom box..AKA The newspaper section

4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I have almost no experience with residentials but from a homeowner standpoint, August seems a little early. I think waiting until the leaves start changing or the days cool off a little more would be ideal.

This guy is going to be forgotten about by the time everyone starts signing up.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

USPS - is federal. It is the same rules everywhere. However don't you think that putting someone in hot water trying to make a living is a little low life? I do at least the guy is working unlike the bums living off of the working guy daily through our government or the jokers standing holding signs at intersections.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I can see your point but stan stated hes a "lowballer". I wouldn't mind in the least bit if my "lowballing" competition was "corrected" by the federal govt for doing things their not supposed to do....... just following the rules....everyone else should also

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  7. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Point taken....

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

The early bird catches the worm.

9. Plow man Foster

He already has soooo many other enimies after him So i'll just sit back and watch. And i mean these guys chase eachother in the sub with truck and trailers! :laughing:

No i personally think he is just insecure.
    how freakin' gay! And at his prices he CANT be making any money!
    But all i can say is Karma's a b**** Because i picked up like 10 of his customers for lawn and such not even 3 cuts in the season!

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

So, because he is out marketing before you, he likes guys too?

Well put, very professional. If you weren't threatened by his early "flyering" and low prices, why would you take the time to post your little rant here about it?

11. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I flyered once, didn't get a single call. 2 full days of walking neighborhoods, what a waste.

12. Plow man Foster

Yeah lol my buddy called his wife and she is very open about her business and they say they only got 2 calls out of passing out 2000 fliers. :eek: i would be pissed

13. pushtilsheblows

pushtilsheblows Junior Member

Yeah, i think its a little early to be passing out flyers....I agree he's probably waisting his time I will distribute some when it cools off a little, and after i hit my targeted commercial accounts.

14. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Well put Hoskm....You should never Stop Marketing your Company....It shows you the Mentality of this Poster.....Leave the "***" and "gay' comments at home.....

15. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

+1............

16. Plow man Foster

Hes ruining it for everyone! Thats all hes doing! And i called him and told him that! Now i do apologize if i offended anyone with the gay comment. He thinks hes gonna get my Commercial accounts! All i did was laugh!

Only reason i posted this was to Find out if i was always behind the 8 Ball... I was just wondering if Everyone flierd in august aka Before Fall (cleanups)

17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Just so you know, in the west island of Montreal they have already sent their renewal letters.

18. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I only delivery fliers to new/or sold homes in my area.In my area most don't think of snow into mid to late october. I have gotten phones calls from last years accounts i bailed out after there" professional contractor" failed to provide service. They just want to make sure that i can provide service to them these year as i refused to last year because i was full.

19. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Then go and out-perform him this year. Don't come on here and bash people when they beat you to the punch. Wont you feel stupid when he takes a few of your accounts? Even if he screws them up half way through the year, that's half a year that you didn't plow them.

20. Plow man Foster

hahha nahh all my customers have been with me since i was a kid. And most just pay me for all services in the springpayup