1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flyer return rate

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mikemat31, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

HI all I am 17 my friend and I handed out around 75-100 flyers. most likely around 80 but I have gone on one estimate every day after school. So far I went around 6 estimates all of which came from the flyers. thats 7.5% call back. Which is unheard of. I know I won't get all of the estimates I give out but if I am lucky and land 3 I will be thrilled. In addition I live in the town in which I hand my flyers out in, and I haven't gotten one other ad from another company advertising snow removal. I think with a combination of a stormy winter last year people might be worried. I am wondering what others are experiencing with return rates and is this percent normal

thanks
    mike

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not so much of estimates but it;s the closing rate that you want high.

3. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

The word "Flyer" makes me cringe.

4. grandview

"Flyers" do suck!

5. Bison

Bison Member

Everybody has to start somewhere , good luck

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Not to keen on the word "Bison" either!:laughing:

7. grandview

Easy there You waddling mammal!

8. TOP NOTCH

TOP NOTCH Junior Member

Return on flyers is normally around a 1% return, that's way doing sealing season we send out 10k at a shot at least here in pa

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

around here alot of the ad company's claim a 2% return

10. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Another person called me tonight. My dad is in sales and even on leads that were referred to him requesting more information he said maybe 1-100 will seriously inquire. That doesn't mean do business. I guess we will find out if it ever snows.

11. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I'm not sure what you mean here. I'd be a little worried that I'm underbidding if my closing rate is too high.