1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flushing the the pump system.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by chris79792000, Feb 15, 2009.

1. chris79792000

chris79792000 Junior Member
    from Indiana

What is the best way to flush the pump and the angle cylinders?

2. Chives10

Chives10 Junior Member

remove drain plug on bottom of pump it is a alen key. install oppiste end to your quick coupler on hose and move plow back and forgth

3. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

for MEYER.the manual says with lift ram lowered take fill plug out, then take drain plug out. let it drain, then lift the lift ram manually to get the rest of the fluid out of the lift ram cylinder .it should be empty. then take your angle ram hoses and put them together, then manually angle it to the driver side. unhook the hoses and put on extra couplers on each hose. put the driver side in plow fluid. and the passenger side in a empty bucket, then manually angle it. your rams should be empty. to flush or fill, keep the extra couplers on the hoses.then put the hose that is connected to the collapsed ram in fluid and manually angle it , your angle ram should be filled. to fill the pump , put plug in the bottom and fill at the top. lift plow up 2 inches and then angle it side to side till the air is out. then check fluid making sure it is at least a inch from top. now cycle it up and down then check fluid. try to make sure( if possible) to be on a hill facing plow down to get air out. walla your done. hoped this helped.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  4. chris79792000

chris79792000 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Yeah. Thanks alot!! Gettin ready to store for the year and want to get the old out. I just bought this system and the guy had tranny fluid in it, don't really like the idea of that.

5. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

i would store it with the meyer flush and store, glad i could help.