1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flushing The system

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jlb2500hd, Mar 8, 2006.

1. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

I'm getting ready to change the fluid in my e-60 pump, i was wondering what is the best way to fllush the system? i have heard using kerosene is the best way, but what do you do with it? Thank you for any info you can give
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use Meyer's Hydra flush. drain it of regular fluid. Fill it with hydra flush, lift the ram, fill the tank. Remove it from the truck for the summer. Next fall drain excess fluid, cycle remainder by running pump through it's functions then drain. Refill with fresh Meyer fluid. And don't forget to spray LPS3 or fluid film or something on the exposed rams.
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Make sure to flush the angle rams also. The Meyer manual states to not use kerosene to flush. Use naptha instead.