1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flushing system

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by earl964, Nov 17, 2007.

1. earl964

earl964 Member

Can somebody post the link on how to flush and bleed the air from my system? I looked on Fisher's website but I could not figure out what page. I have a 8' HD SEHP mm1
    Thank you

2. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

Here's the manual for your plow, see page 16.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/21462_110198.pdf

The procedure listed is pretty simple. I like to do a few extra steps, especially if the fluid hasn't been changed in a while. Lift the plow up, and shut down the truck. Disconnect the hoses to the angle rams at the valve body. Run the hoses into a bucket or jug and push the plow side to side by hand a few times. This will get the fluid out of the rams. You can even disconnect the hoses at the rams also to drain them. Lower the plow and push the lift arm/cylinder all the way down. You can also disconnect the lift hose to drain it. Drain the reservoir. Put everthing back together and add fluid. Cycle the blade up and down and side to side a few times to bleed the air out. Double check your fluid. This is extra work, but you get the most old fluid out this way. Also, you can inspect your hoses, and know all your fittings are free incase you blow a hose during a storm. Good luck, Palmer

3. earl964

earl964 Member

thank you very much for the help