1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flushing plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by T-Trim, Jan 12, 2009.

1. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

What is the best way to flush and fill a boss plow? And is there a filter or screen in there too I need to clean?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

filter

yes there are filter's inside the tank that you can clean , you have to take the power unit out to get the tank off . but you can just jack the plow up and loosen the hose's up and put one end into an catch pan and grab the blade and manually angle it to pump the old oil out . or if the oil is relatively clean just pull the plug on the bottom of the tank and just dump and fill the tank.

3. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

Thanks. I wanted to do a full clean out and refill with new fuild. How does the pump and tank come out. The reason I ask is I'm getting high current drain on the system. Sometimes the truck is just about to stall. I cleaned all the contact points under the hood and the power plug on the front of the truck too. Still pulling high. I was hoping the fuild chage and flush would do the trick. This is on one of the older trucks we have. So anything to help make this like it was 4 years ago brand new would help.