1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flushing old belt-driven Fisher

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Megunticook, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

I bought a used Fisher plow, the kind with the belt-driven hydraulics. What's the proper procedure for flushing the old ATF out? I've looked all over Fisher's website and can't find a step-by-step guide on this task.

I'll double check but I don't think the reservoir has a drain plug.

Thanks.

2. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

After searching through the forum here I found a link to a flushing guide from Fisher on their website (http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/26404_061504.pdf).

Thanks!

I've actually had this plow for several seasons now but am only now taking maintenance seriously. I don't plow professionally, just my own 900 foot driveway (and my neighbor's).

2 young kids, self-employed, built a house for my family, there just hasn't been a lot of spare time! But I believe in taking care of your tools and equipment and am going to catch up on all the deferred maintenance on this plow now (and it wasn't just me--the guy I bought it from didn't exactly keep on top of things as I can tell from the condition of some of the hoses).

Last thing I want is the to spring a leak or have the thing go down on me in the middle of a storm!

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. . .