1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Flush or Recessed LED's 6" Ovals???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by H&HPropertyMait, Oct 19, 2011.

1. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

2. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

I sell many of the sound off ones, however I have never seen a whelen one in person. So id go with a sound of light, great angle and super bright, look great either way with or without dress rings depending on where your mounting them, if i cut them into a chrome bumper i use the dress rings, otherwise the grommet mount is great too.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Are they able to be synced together or are they independant from each other?

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

That whelen is the Oooooolllllddddddd 500 series with gen1 LED's, they're worth about 10 bucks, yet northern takes that old crap and makes it seem like it worth something to unsuspecting buyers. I had those same lights on my truck 10 years ago, and LED's have come a loooooong ways since then. Get some Whelen Tir6 or Lin6 with the grommet mount, you can thank me later. The place I use is vlsusa .com or I'd bet strobes n more (sponsor on here) can set you up for about the same price as vls.

5. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

7. H&HPropertyMait

Yeah im not really a fan of 5mm leds but i know whelen makes good stuff, but the 500 series lin6 model looks awesome. so that or the sound off more then likely. didnt think i'd get this much feedback. thanks for the help guys

8. H&HPropertyMait

i like this a lot. thanks! and i'll be getting a responder lin6 so with all the lights being whelen they'll look great synced together.

9. Toolin Customs

Toolin Customs Member
    from Md

yes, they can be synched. they have a mess of different patterns.

10. H&HPropertyMait

11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

go with a set of Whelen Ions

12. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Do they make linear ones? These look like the older tir style.
    http://www.sirennet.com/whionsm.html

Now that I think about it, something like the Ion's may look better than mounting oval brackets, it would be one thing if the backrack had oval cutouts already.

13. H&HPropertyMait

They look nice, heck any product from whelen is nice. I'd like to gave everything flush mounted, once our first truck is finished I can show you guys.
    But everything including some 4" piaa's (4) will be flush/ recessed. I really like the 500 series super led the ion would make a good light for our spreader

14. H&HPropertyMait

Think those would look good on a salter?

15. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

16. H&HPropertyMait

17. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, they look like Gen1 LED's... :sleeping:

18. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the ION are no linear and facing rear dont need to be linear