1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

flush a pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mark04, Jan 21, 2005.

1. mark04

mark04 Junior Member
    from pa.

what is the best way to flush or clean out a e60 pump? I replaced A coil and cleaned my filters and found it in need of a cleaning.Thanks for any input.
  2. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I flushed my Fisher SHEP pump earlier tonight and I thought it was pretty easy. I went to raise the plow when I out it on my truck and it made this horrible noise and the lift arm was barely moving up. It took me about 30 mins to drain the pump, angle cylinders, refill and bleed everything.
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I clamp my pump into the vise put a oil drain pan under the drain plug hole and start pouring Naptha through it. If it comes out dirty, I strain the dirty Naptha through a terry cloth filter and keep flushing. If it does not start coming out clean after a few tries I take the resevour cap off and clean the sump out, along with the pump strainer. One final fush with fresh Naptha and put back together..