1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. brandon.edwards

brandon.edwards Member

I have my E-68 pump on my plow, anyone out there using ATF fluid in their plows? a couple of my western friends said they are using tranny fluid in theirs due to the fact that it doesnt freeze, and hydraulic fluid is rated to freeze below certain temps. Would it be safe to try?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No, keep using plow fluid, or Meyer fluid in yours. You'll have no issue.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

can you use atf??? YES. in an emergency.
    should you use ATF?? no. it will attract moisture and freeze.
    stick with myers blue fluid.

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i use myers fluid and a capfull of dry gas

5. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I also have a friend with a western plow that runs full synthetic atf in his and swears by it. He had tried to convert me (I too run meyer) as well but I am scared of ruining seals or something. Of course when I asked my dealer, their only response was that I needed to stay with Meyer in order to remain under warranty.

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic: I rebuild a lot of Meyer pumps. the worst are the one with atf fluid. use what your dealer tell you .it cost more for a reason.ussmileyflag

7. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

You put all this money and time in your truck and plow so whats another $20.00 for a couple quarts of the correct fluid going to hurt.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well someone from Michigan thinks that's to much. But consider the source