1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluidfilm Sprayer

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by hotvet67, Feb 4, 2007.

1. hotvet67

hotvet67 Junior Member

undercoat guns works for spraying and I found a oval shaped nozzle from a gas power washer that fits in gun works even better , nice smooth coating without the thick splatter.

[​IMG]

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Thanks for the post! Any tips for applying in bulk are always appreciated!

3. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

I am going to use one of these small hand held pump sprayers

handsprayer.gif

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  4. Dano50

from CA

I don't think it will work properly. I don't think you will be able to get the proper atomization in a pump-type sprayer.

5. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

:help: man..I had look that one up Dan ;)

Atomization

is conversion of bulk liquid into a spray or mist (i.e. collection of drops), often by passing the liquid through a nozzle. Despite the name, it does not imply that the particles are reduced to atomic sizes.
    An atomizer is an atomization apparatus; carburetors, airbrushes, misters, and spray bottles are only a few examples of atomizers used ubiquitously. In internal combustion engines, fine-grained fuel atomization is instrumental to efficient combustion.
    In some manufacturing process, one may produce a fine powder by spraying molten or dissolved materials through an atomizer and solidifying the droplets.

ubiquitous
    1. Existing, found or seeming to be found everywhere at the same time; omnipresent.
    Thesaurus: everywhere, ever-present, omnipresent, pervasive, universal, global, common; Antonym: rare, usual.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

once the spray can fluid film is applied how long does it take to dry? I put it on my plow and now they are predicitn snow for tomorrow. It has been on for about 6 hours, the temp is about 50 in the shop. Thanks

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

What do you mean dry? Like totally? I dunno if it ever does LOL. the sprays i put on my plow parts back in Oct was still "wet" when i used my plow 3 days ago.

8. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

what is the best thing to spray fluid filf with i use form oil in a pump sprayer but if comes out like rain drops there has to be somthing better. Any one found anything?

9. Dano50

from CA

Fluid Film never dries. That is one of its best properties. As long as there is a film, it is still protecting. You could rub Fluid Film in like a wax to keep it from coming off on your hands and clothes if you liked, but that would shorten its duration.

Any paint-type sprayer will spray Fluid Film. I've heard good things about the use of Wagner sprayers.

Thanks for looking up the term, killer. :D

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Got to use my plow with the "still wet" look and I am so impressed. The snow didn't stick like it used to and it actually pushed easier. Got my decals today and will be putting them on as soon as it warms up. Fluid Film has performed beyond all my expectations. Thanks.
    Wish I would have filmed a before and after Fluid Film treatment.

11. Dano50

from CA

That is great to hear! Thanks for the feedback! :drinkup: