1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GSullivan, Dec 17, 2009.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I have a question and I hope its not a dumb one.I'm out plowing in the middle of the night and need fluid for my MM2.I do carry some in my truck but what could I buy at the local 24 hr. gas station that would get me by til the morning?Like I said I carry Fisher fluid with me but I was just curious.ussmileyflag

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, but ATF should work. That's what I run in my belt driven Fisher. 5w30 would likely work also.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You want to carry enough of your normally run fluid so that situation never becomes an issue.

However, in an extreme emergency you can add ATF..but if you do the hydro system should be completely flushed as soon as possible. Running dissimilar fluids is never a good idea*.

*Trademark of Basher inc. :D

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Buy a gallon instead of a quart, it's like getting one quart free and you shouldn't run out.