1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by B&K LawnCare, Oct 18, 2006.

1. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

I ordered western plow fluid from cpw and they sent me fisher fluid. That is the same thing right?
  2. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

Any one have anything
  3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Its all hydraulic fluid. at least as far as I know. I assume you are refering to the low-temp blue stuff. In a pinch trans fluid works, I've used dextron 3 after a repair one night when I gave a buddy my last couple quarts of the blue stuff. Plow ran on it the rest of the season without issue. End of season I flushed it out and replaced with the blue.
  4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Well since western and fisher are the same parent company and they use the same hydraulic unit and wiring the answer would be YES except for the label.

5. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

any cold weather hyrdo fluid works great.

Some people might argue to use X snowplow brand. But at the end of the day a snowplow is nothing more than a hydraulic device. Nothing special.