1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid substitute?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Michigander_64, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Michigander_64

Michigander_64 Junior Member

My new Fisher didnt come w/fluid like my western did, and I dont want to use generic R&O. Any suggestions on thanksgiving? I would really like to complete installation.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Why do you need any fluid for your new plow? Other than having some on hand for emergencies ,IE- A blown hose or broken fitting? I don't recommend mixing fluids but in an emergency you can use ATF, dextron, or a hydraulic fluid like a AW32 a low temp hyd oil you can find these at any auto parts store.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  3. Michigander_64

Michigander_64 Junior Member

Because.

It didnt come with any..............at all.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

That s@#ks:nono: !!
    I would go to the auto parts store and get some fluid, atf or a hyd fluid.
    You can always drain it out latter when you get the fluid you want.

5. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

I have been using Mobil 1 Syn ATF in mine, seems to work good. The Fisher factory fluid is supposed to be the best though.

6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

There are aftermarket companies that sell plow fluid, Most auto parts stores carry it. If not, use a real good ATF for now, and drain it out later when you get the right stuff. It just won't be as good in sub zero temps. I would run that for a bit then change, be like a break in period.

7. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Use the Fisher Blue fluid. It's the best.