1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Question in RD MM2 Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by den327, Jan 10, 2011.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

I needed to drain the fluid in my MM2 RD plow today. I have no fisher dealer in close proximity. Can I use sno-way fluid or dextron II fluid in it.
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i run atf trans fluid in all my mm1 and mm2 plows for yrs and never had a problem
  3. jaybird

jaybird Member

atf is fine for them, they used it up until the point when they created thier only fluid, fisher fluid is just designed for colder tempertures, less chance of freeze up. but both will do
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

dont forget some atf has a wax in it that can jell up when real cold. some people say this.

and the old fishers that had the under hood warm from engine heat used atf.

if you have a kendall oil dealer nere by this is a great fluid for lift gates/ plows and stuff.

our old supplyer used this in the lift gate of his truck. even in the dead cold winter on the highway for 2hrs that lift gate worked like it was 90* outside. and even in the summer no problems. he said he sells a ton of itto plow shops.

http://www.conocophillipslubricants...strial_oils/Ken Hyken Glacial Blu TDS Web.pdf