1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Options

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chcav1218, Feb 1, 2009.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

What can I use as fluid in my plow instead of the fisher plow fluid when its and emergency and I can't get to the dealer for it. I can't find anythng smaller than 5 gallong buckets of hydraulic oil around the local auto stores. I've heard ATF is good, but idk

2. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

if ur using the fisher stuff dont mix it with aything else!!! u can get it at a napa it comes in quarts it might say napa but its the same as the fisher stuff, its blue. other wise drain out whats in it and use atf any type dextron mercon

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

sounds like a plan

4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I just stock up on the fisher stuff, that way when i need it, its there

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh i have some, but im worried about a leak and im not sure ill be able to get there before the storm we're getting tuesday, but it looks like i'm gonna make some time

6. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

just get a couple gallons of the fisher stuff and keep it in your truck
    ive got 2 gallons in my truck toolbox

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh thats what i think im gonna do, shits expensive thought. havent heard from you in a while kyle, how ya doin?

8. ColliganLands

doin good
    had to fix up my strobes yesterday now im trying to figure out this next storm
    been busy trying to get my taxes and stuff done and plan for spring
    the fluids like 30 bucks a gallon not too bad
    whats leaking on your plow?

9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

one of the angle cylinders. dude i had the worst day ever on wednesday, i wrote it all on here in the general discussion forum, its all there

10. ColliganLands

yea i saw it
    that was no good
    we kept finding new holes to hit all day it was awful but not as bad as your day
    so is the angle cylinder leaking because of that or it just started?
    can you seal it up with silicone or something for now?

11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

its leaking from that. I replaced the 90 degree fitting but im afraid the threads may have gotted stripped out. I'm gonna try taking it out and wrapping soem teflon tape around it before i put it back in. Hopefully that will help or I'll have to get a new piston

12. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

damn dude pretty soon ull have a brand new MM1

13. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

but it dont want a brand new MM I!! I want a brand new X Blade!

14. ColliganLands

wrap it with the teflon tape and put a little silicon on that should seal it for now untill you can get a new one or get rid of it
    x blade is big bucks

15. fisher guy

lol hey i dont know if u can do it but while ur at u can buy a new xblade moldboard lol and there u go im going to buy one for my blade probly in the spring

16. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh theyre are but theyre awesome. I'm more concerned with gettin work and tools for the summer, and saving up for the new truck and plow for next year

17. ColliganLands

wont work the xblade is taller and has a different attack angle and frame work

18. fisher guy

welll i was thinking of getting moldboard A-frame and edge if i have to so pretty much the whole blade would be changed im pretty sure thats what joel bousch did hey got a yell triangle but it has an xblade

19. ColliganLands

maybe i dont know
    i was gonna headup your way tuesday but not any more lol
    maybe thursday

20. fisher guy

lol someone said snow for thursday and sat im not sure though