1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid, Never seen this?? Western

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jblair40, Nov 18, 2009.

1. jblair40

jblair40 Junior Member
    from Mi

Ok changed pump motor, Refilled and cracked each line each side to bleed. have had to refill. could there be that much air in lines or is it something else? Anyone have any ideas cause I'm out of them and ready to break stuff and I can't tell you just how dumb the guys tech is at, (well I won't say where I got the pump) anyway. have any ideas. Should I just keep refilling, I have used apx a qt and a half already

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Just keep angling, raising, and lowering. The air will work it's way out... no need to bleed any lines. During this, the fluid in the reservoir may appear aerated... no big deal. Top it off after you have the majority of the air worked out.. which should only take a minute. Then I usually check it again after the first time it goes out and plows for a few hours.

3. jblair40

jblair40 Junior Member
    from Mi

It has been severalmin.

I'm afraid Ill run the pump dry. Been running several min. and it keep shooting out the overflow port. How much fluid should I expect to replace?
    Thanks for the help

4. cubicinches

What kind of pump system are you working on?

5. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Have western plow light question

I just rehabbed my 8' unimount hooked it back up and I have no plow lights I have looked at the troubleshooting guide but couldn't follow very well. Everything worked fine last year I am curious if you guys know where I can start to try and resolve this problem?:dizzy: Thanks for your time Nathan:waving:

6. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Sorry jblair40 didnt mean to post that in your thread, disregard my post I will be making a new thread. Sorry

7. jblair40

jblair40 Junior Member
    from Mi

Lights, Fireman

No thats cool. Trouble guide is good, but not enough. I would goto wire digrams and chech that main conections were correct oh yah, First check may be as simple as the prongs in the conectors are not lining up that one cost me a 250.00 ticket last year cause my guy was in a hurry after hooking up and drove off.

8. jblair40

jblair40 Junior Member
    from Mi

Cubic, It is a Ultra, Flo

9. jblair40

jblair40 Junior Member
    from Mi

Type

Its a flostat

10. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you said overflow port. do you mean the 90 degree elbow with the cap? if so it is full.

11. cubicinches

When you say it's shooting out the overflow port, you mean the filler hole at the rear of the reservoir?

12. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you went for raise before you had the angle cylinders full. This will cause cavitation in the system which puts air back into the tank making it really hard to bleed the system. Let it sit over night. Check the level tomorrow and top off to the top of the fill plug. Angle the blade several times, top fluid off the go for raise.

13. jblair40

jblair40 Junior Member
    from Mi

Crash, cubic, no lead what you think

Yes, I needed to raise to get out of area it was in, b-4 doing needed side to side. I did let set overnight and cracked cilander elbows hoping that is an air thing. The fluid is coming out two small breather holes on manafold same side that 3 elbows for cilanders come out of the manfold. not the fill or overflow.
    What you think, thanks

14. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sure its not coming fromthe fittings themselves, there are o-rings behind the nut that might be torn or the fittings are a little loose.