1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid leaking out by motor

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by splitg2, Feb 21, 2011.

1. splitg2

splitg2 Junior Member

After this last snow fall my plow stopped working and there is fluid leaking out by the motor I was hoping that it is just a gasket but looking at things it might be more is this a quick fix or do i need to rebuild it
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

if you can post a picture so we know what you are talking about
  3. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

Sound like your getting airation of the fluid. Fittle withe the gasket.
  4. splitg2

splitg2 Junior Member

here is a picture of where the fluid is leaking out it is between the motor and the base

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

There is a gasket there.Remove the motor and change the gasket..
    Gasket #25861

Check the filter (attach to the pump) to make sure it is not clog..If it is clog use "brake" cleaner to clean it out..Or replace the filter..

Get were your finger is to see if there is a crack there. Look like one from the picture

Is the plow working?

If not explain what happen and what functions stop working
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  6. splitg2

splitg2 Junior Member

thank you for your help
    I have had the truck for 13 years and this is the first time I have had trouble so I have to knock on wood I have been contemplating just putting one on my other truck that I drive daily but it is hard to spend that money you no how it is

Thanks again