1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid leaking from rams

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowman91, Dec 30, 2010.

1. The two rams that control the blade left and right are leaking where the rod slides in and out. How can this be fixed? It causes most of my fluid to leak out and the plow not move.
  2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You can try tightening the nuts, they may be loose. Other the cylinders probably need to be repacked or replaced.
  3. Thanks for the help
  4. RShawn

RShawn Junior Member

Can someone help? I currently have an older model Fisher system on my ram 2500 and every year I have trouble with the crossover valve is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening. I plow some rental properties I own and family driveways with approximately ten hits a storm.I took the entire unit off the truck and to the dealer last year for diagnosis and they told me it was the motor which they replaced. I do not think this was the actually the solution to my problem I think it was a fluke that it happened to need a motor at that time.The year before it was the crossover valve itself that had to be replaced. I have gone to the the trouble of keeping the truck inside prior to storms but I still end up with the angle action freezing up everytime it I use the plow. Sometimes you can tap the pump and get it to work I have tried everything what can I do?