1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Leak

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bossdude, Mar 3, 2011.

1. bossdude

bossdude Junior Member

This morning I noticed hydo fluid leaking from the bottom of the headgear. Not a lot, maybe about a cup full on the ground. I caught a couple of sewer covers during the last storm here and it folded the angle to the opposite side each time. I wasn't going fast, maybe 5mph. There are no leaks in any of the lines, level in reservoir seems o.k. Anything to worry about?
    Thanks

2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I had similar thing happen to mine. As I pulled into pile heard really loud screeching and folded back. Happened maybe 3-4 times. No leak yet but not sure what made the noise. Any ideas?

3. bossdude

bossdude Junior Member

Yes, I heard the same noise not sure what it is.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What happened is the tank is to full of hydro fluid and it most likely came out the top of the cap. It just sloshes around in the tank and the cap inside the tank is a vented cap. It needs to be vented so don't put a nonvented one on there.

5. bossdude

bossdude Junior Member

The cap on it is original so it should be a vented one. Thanks for the reply, you guys rock!