1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Leak?? dealer says no leak, comming out over flow??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mdd, Feb 9, 2006.

1. mdd

mdd Member

2 seperate occasions now, i have found fluid comming out from my pump cover,, and red stained snow on my carriage. being under warrenty i took it up to the dealer

both times they say no leak.. but its comming out the overflow, apparently from not stacking in the float position? i dont understand how that can be. anways when i stack i raise the plow as i'm comming into the pile. dont see how that can be wrong be

he says the fluid gets diverted into the dual stage lift cylinder, and then out the over flow.

anyone else having this type of problem?

fluid levels check good

2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

funny this should come up. i noticed a red spot under my plow this last storm. then i noticed it was dripping something serious. when i took off the pump cover, the fluid was coming out of the fill hole in the reservoir. that eased my mind enough to finish plowing just figured it was from bouncing around. but since reading your post that must be it, because i always start to lift as i reach the pile.

3. tocs93

tocs93 Junior Member

How are you supposed to stack snow in the float position? That doesn't even seem possible!

4. Hammer

Hammer Junior Member

It's difficult to tell when you have added enough fluid to your plow. Word is, that if you can see the fluid in the bottom of the fill tube, then it's full. If you add too much, it will pump out the reservoir cap.

Now, if you start to notice that the blade doesn't lift proper or angle proper, check your fluid level again. If it's low, then there is something wrong.

But based on your description of the issue, it just sounds like an over fill issue.

5. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

mine was leaking to. the filler tube was loose.