1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid freezing?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rubiconwestern, Jan 28, 2009.

1. rubiconwestern

rubiconwestern Junior Member

When it's real cold out, my plow seems to freez up, seems like the fluid is freezing. I'm using ATF, what should i do? thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

oil

use the low temp plow oil western and a lot of other plow supplier's .better completely flush it out .atf absorbs moisture .

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

best advice you will get right there.

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

which pump do you have? we run an old mark III isarmatic and the dealer told us we can't run anything in it but dextron tranny fluid.

5. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Flush it out and put in some real western fluid. Don't run ATF it has less lubrication and most of all it FREEZES at a higher temp.

6. rubiconwestern

rubiconwestern Junior Member

thanks guys, where do you buy it online?

7. no lead

what dealer?

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

it's a place called hudson river truck and trailer, it's in new york near pougkipsie(sp?)

9. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

10. no lead

it is all plow oil. low temp, aircraft approved. atf is for transmissions. good oil pays for itself.

11. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

You can also use the fisher Blue stuff. I have heard that some Dry gas maybe an ounce mixed in ATF will clear up your issues