1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid/filter change HELP!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by GMCHD plower, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ok so I drained my resivoir, split the resivoir and pump, I'm about to change the filter, but the filter currently on my pump is a small cylindrical filter, plastic "frame" with a mesh screen sort of. The new filter I have is plastic with the typical paper sort of filter, almost like an air filter.

So my question is, is it ok to put this new filter on? Is it a sort of "update" vs the old one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

yes they updated the filter its fine to run

3. GMCHD plower

Ok so next question, I opened the "pump" I believe, the sort of "house" shaped thing that has 2 gears in side the resivoir, that the pickup tube and filter are attached to, my question is there are two gears, the smaller one has a large hole on one end of the "spline" and a smaller on the other end, which one is supposed to be towards the resivoir?

4. Morrissey snow removal

i think i have one apart at the shop ill look

5. GMCHD plower

Thanks! Appreciate it!

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I looked for a diagam of the pump cant find anything.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  7. Morrissey snow removal

put up a pic of it if u can

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I thought there's only one way it goes back together

9. Morrissey snow removal

i think you are right

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I have a pic on my phone of the top view,,but nothing else. I do have a brand new one, and a junk at work I can look at. There off a western tho....I don't think it matters but it will give you an idea

11. GMCHD plower

Thanks guys, I think your right, think theres only one way, and its all together and seated, we'll see how it goes.