1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bluerage94, Jan 10, 2010.

1. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Gonna give fluid film a try but my local distributor stopped selling the product. So I saw some online stores selling it as well as Ebay.

Ebay has it for about $10 cheaper as well as free shipping... Anyone have any experience with buying it from ebay?
  2. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

I love the stuff. Just received a 12 can case from fluid film king off e bay for $70.00 shipped. Reminds me I need to leave feedback before they bug me.
  3. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I think I'm gonna go with the dual 1 gallon cans... The aerosol seems to not last very long if i store it.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If you're getting the gallons get them from kellsport and order their spray gun. With out it the gallons are useless.
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

McMasterCarr is the cheapest.

~$62/case delivered
  6. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

I'm not real familiar with Fluid Film. What is it mostly used for?
  7. fsstnotch

fsstnotch Junior Member

8. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I buy the gallons for $30, then get a 4" chip brush, and slop it on. It stays on the plow for the whole season. The cans are nice for tight spots
  9. tinffx

tinffx Member

I like ebay for a lot of stuff...Just have to be sure to compare it to online & local retailers. Its not always the cheapest. It seems that you did your research & it is though. I say go for it ebay shippers are usually faster and more responsive
  10. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I've been using Fluid Film and it is great. Sometimes it's too good of a lubricant:) I sprayed in on heavy gate hinges that would barely move from rust in 2007 and it still moves so easy that I had to put in poles to stop he gates from spinning around.

Mcmaster is the best price so far. A real bummer to just type in Fluid Film. they show you everything but Fluid Film. I had to type in the part number 12055K74

11-3/4 Ounce Aerosol of Fluid Film Rust & Corrosion Inhibitor & Lube
    In stock

Quantity Each
    1-11 Each $5.95
    12 or more 5.55

11. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

12. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I guess I paid about the right price... Got, 2 Gals Fluid Film, spray gun and 32oz bottle shipped from Cali to NY for $77 total. Figured I couldn't go wrong for that amount...
  13. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I never heard of it so went to the site and it sounds like an awesome product think I will pm the guy and get some to try it out
  14. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Were did you buy it from??

Edit............ I found it on ebay.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010

SKYNYRD Senior Member

fluid film is the best rust/corrosion preventive on the market. it's also a super lubricant. there's practically nothing you can't use it on. just make sure to read all warning labels carefully before using it and don't use it where you need to walk as it's slicker than ice
  16. Dano50

from CA

If there are any members on here who haven't tried it and live in the US, just PM me your contact info and I'll get a sample out for free.
  17. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

18. Dano50

from CA

I hope the stuff works out well for you!
  19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

FF is the best stuff since sliced bread.....lol
  20. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Just don't believe Dano when he says he will send Swag or stickers out to you.\

FF is worth it without the extra's I guess tho.