1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by sharpercut, Jan 29, 2007.

1. sharpercut

sharpercut Junior Member
    from MD

I just bought a 5 gallon pail of Fluid Film. I have used a deck sprayer, but there is not enough pressure. I tried an air powered paint sprayer from Lowe's, but it comes out to thin. Finally I bought a Wagner paint sprayer, but it is too think for it. Any Ideas?

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

A buddy had good luck...

Hmmm A buddy had good luck with a wagner sprayer,He also used a cheap siphon spray gun and said that worked well...

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I've never heard of a complaint with the Wagner. Maybe a different tip would work better? In reality, Fluid Film is about the viscosity of a house paint, which is why the paint sprayers work so well.

Please keep me up-to-date.

4. jason t.

jason t. Member

Would a pump style weed sprayer work?

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I Maybe wrong but..

I might be wrong but I think the Fluid Film would be to thick for the pump sprayer..
    I think anything designed for house paint or automotive primer should do the trick..

6. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Any sprayer that can spray paint should be able to spray Fluid Film. It is going to be too thick for a hand sprayer or garden-type sprayer. If anyone finds a particular brand of sprayer that works exceptionally well, I hope they will post it in here for reference.

Thanks!

7. hotvet67

hotvet67 Junior Member

Just received gallon

Just got gallon from mowpart , will try a undercoat gun to try and spray it , works good , really thick stuff , I wonder what they thin it down with to get it to come out of those little spray cam samples ?