1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by jmbones, Feb 5, 2012.

1. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Does Fluid Film attract dust and dirt? For example, if I spray the entire underbody of a new vehicle year round, will dirt and dust build up on it and make it more dirty then without using it?

2. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Yes.......

3. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Yes in a big way, looks like crap but works well...

4. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Seems like it makes double work... cuz you'd really need to clean it good to reapply. And if it's not water soluable it would be harder to clean?

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Well that is up to the user and their results.
    I use it allot where cosmetics are not important. Examples; body panel seems, frame rails,assembling hardware, over electrical connections pretty much anywhere I want to lube and seal something and am not worried about some dust or dirt sticking to it...When wet it wipes off and even shines easily..
    It will wear off over time, it isn't a permanent product..
    I still prefer P&B for rust busting.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

We don't use fluid film (although it is good stuff) but use a very similar product. IMO the dirt build up is even more protection. After 3-4 years of regular application the layer gets decently thick and helps keep salt and water from penetrating to the metal. My 06 is still rust free underneath with a nice layer of grime protecting the under body.

7. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Can fluid film be safely applied to the exterior of engine bay parts such as alternators? I'd like to stop that white corrision that builds up on the aluminum parts.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012