1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ratherbfishin, Jan 28, 2012.

1. ratherbfishin

ratherbfishin Senior Member

Does anybody have a source for a good price for fluid film? I hear so much good about it,I want to try it!I would like to start with a gallon.

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Here you go..

http://www.kellsportproducts.com/AS&NAS.html

3. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You can also purchase locally at John Deere dealers, and most NAPA stores carry it.

5. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Didn't know napa carries it , went to a local jon deere dealer and the cost was over 9 bucks a can!! Love FF will try some of the links provided here!
    Edit: I still bought it !! :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  6. ratherbfishin

7. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

That "estimated shipping" on Rust Store is crap. My friend told me the same thing so I tried it. They make you complete the entire order before you can see the ACTUAL shipping, and it's about twice what they estimate. And I only have it shipped to Buffalo,NY.
    I only order from sites that offer free shipping. I know that they build it into the price, but thats ok. At least there are no surprises. I hate internet companies that play games and try to stick it to you at the very end of the order process.

8. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

ebay has it

9. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

John Deere dealers have it. I found it at West Michigan Fleet Parts for around $7.00 per aerosol can, a gallon is $19.00

10. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

I think Grainger has it too if you have one near you.

11. ratherbfishin

$19.00/gal...that's a steal !!!

12. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Things have to make sense.
    In order for them to sell it at $19, they would have to be buying it at what? $10-$12 bucks?
    Can there really be that much markup in this stuff, that dealers are buying it at $12 bucks and selling it for $45 ? I don't think so. More than likely the dealers pays about $25-$30 and sells for $45-$50 or so.

13. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

You are correct......
    If they are they selling for $19- a gal they taking a huge loss.Unless pumping out of a 55 gal drum then less of a loss....
    I can tell you from 1st hand experience the dealers arnt making much off the product per item.
    It is a volume profit kind of product, the margin isn't that great per item if selling for the average retail we see ,compared to other products.

14. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

We baught a 55gal drum, a gallon and, a case of spray cans for $1465.00 from kellsport. It also came with a spray bottle that hooks to our air line. Its the best thing we ever baught. We spray trucks, plows, spreaders, snowblowers, mower decks, nuts, bolts, bobcat, trailers, cats and dogs and people we dont like. Cant go wrong with a little FF.

15. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

So if we deduct the cans and the spray gun, your into the drum for about $1300.00
    Does that include shipping ? If it does, you bought Fluid Film at about $23.65 a gallon, by the drum. Thats about 1/2 of the cost of separate gallons. Thats sounds like a deal ! Plus you got that very cool looking Fluid Film drum. Did it take long to get ?

16. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

The case of cans was $90.00, and the drum was $1375.00 the spray bottle and the gallon is not on the invoice, so I cant remember if it was a deal they had, where you get a gallon and a spray bottle, or maybe they just didnt bill me for it. Yes this included shipping! The drum is cool looking! If I remember right it didnt take long at all to get. We broke down the price and decided it was way chearper to just get the drum. We baught it 8/30/10, and have barely used much out of the drum. I think we are down to the last can, and we have yet to open the seperate gallon. The stuff last a long time. We have sprayed 4 trucks altealst twice a winter for two years, plus mowers decks maybe every other week or so throughout the summer. Like I said before we sprayed all spreaders and snowblowers, the last two winters. I would reccommed getting the drum. It will last a long time and it works very well.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012