1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film: what it has to offer...

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by joyofFluidFilm, Apr 1, 2009.

1. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

For those unfamiliar or unsure what Fluid Film is all about, I thought I would take a second to explain what sets Fluid Film apart from all the competition.

Fluid Film contains no solvents. That statement alone means a number of things:

1) No evaporation. No evaporation means more useable product, which in turn means more bang for your buck.
    Most competitive products contain as much as 70% solvent, meaning most of what you spray evaporates and contaminates the atmosphere.

2) Non-tacky application. With solvent-based materials, the end product ends up being a gummy, sticky mess. Fluid Film will NEVER get tacky, retaining a super-slick consistency that provides excellent lubrication for moving parts.

3) Eco-Friendly. No solvents means no ozone depleting chemicals contaminating the atmosphere. It is classified as non-toxic and non-hazardous and is safe to be used inside the home, as well as out in the field.

Fluid Film is manufactured using an all-natural lanolin base. Lanolin is of animal origins, extracted from the wool of sheep, which use it as a waterproofing wax to aid in shedding water from their coats. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal and rust-preventive properties.

The unique molecular structure of Fluid Film creates a non-drying coating that imbeds into the pores of metal and resists water wash-off. There is no better product to protect your equipment

If you’d like more information, visit our website at www.fluid-film.com.

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Fluid Film is manufactured using an all-natural lanolin base. Lanolin is of animal origins, extracted from the wool of sheep, which use it as a waterproofing wax to aid in shedding water from their coats. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal and rust-preventive properties.

Dont let the animal activists know this...there would surely be a picket outside your office if they do!!:):):dizzy::dizzy:

3. joyofFluidFilm

woo hoo hip hip hooray

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And it kills ring worm too! And repels guys named GoldPro.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Best damn stuff on the market....Bar none.

6. joyofFluidFilm

where is gold pro?

7. Kevin Kendrick

Got my new brush can in the mail yesterday. This stuff is a lot thicker than its predecessor. Joy or Dan, care to give us the low down?

8. joyofFluidFilm

Hey kevin, what do you think of it?
    do you like it? hate it? love it?
    We want your feedback... :jester:

9. Kevin Kendrick

Got to try it out first...Why the difference in consistency? Will there be 2 offerings now?

10. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

The brush can offers a thicker viscosity. We are still trying to zero in on the perfect consistency for best use with the can.

11. grandview

I like that it didn't drip as much.

12. Kevin Kendrick

Me too...I think you got a winner Joy!! I went out and hit some of our left over spreaders with both cans. The thicker one is definitely my choice.

13. joyofFluidFilm

hey kevin, who's a winner?!?:p

14. Kevin Kendrick

The thicker fluid!! Especially when being applied with a brush.

15. Dano50

from CA

I'd love to get some more specifics on where the brush can works real well for marketing purposes. :drinkup:

16. Kevin Kendrick

Works well when applying to spreader bearings as it doesnt drip all over the place and cause a mess.

17. Dano50

from CA

Muchas Gracias! :drinkup:

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Well I suppose if I had a free can i could post some pics of its use:rolleyes::D

19. Kevin Kendrick

Insert popcorn smilie here.

20. grandview

Workd good for the wheel studs too. I will be checking my brakes soon and when I put the wheels back on I 'll coat the rim where it makes contact with the rotor hubs.