1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film under Meyer plastic cover?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Capodosto, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Capodosto

Capodosto Member

I bought the black plastic cover for my Meyer E58H pump because I think it will help with retaining heat while plowing in sub-zero temperatures. I greased up the electrical connectors pretty good with dielectric grease and I am thinking that a good coat of FF all over the pump might be a good thing to do before installing the cover. I am leery of all of the moisture that will be captured under the cover and am hoping that the FF will protect the surfaces under there. Thoughts?

Dan

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Explain the use of dielectric grease

3. EurekaJC

EurekaJC Sponsor
    from 94080

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your interest in using Fluid Film. Fluid film sounds like an excellent application in this area. it will penetrate into the pores of all the metal surfaces and lock out any oxygen, stopping it from corrosion. fluid film is also non conductive so it can be used to seal connections also. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

James

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

To keep.moisture out

5. Capodosto

Capodosto Member

Dielectric grease

Dielectric grease (also called "bulb grease") is like Vaseline but does not conduct electricity or suck up moisture that would conduct electricity. You squirt it into electrical connectors before assembling them and when they vibrate from use the grease fills any empty space to keep water and oxygen out. The Meyer E58H pump has three deutsch type electrical connectors for the solenoid valves that are located on top of the pump and tend to accumulate ice when plowing.