1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film Truck Waxing

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by bubbatt1, Dec 30, 2010.

1. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

Has anyone ever waxed there truck with Fluid Film? If so how does it work and how did you apply it? Thanks for the input.
  2. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I have a 1990 f350 with the original oxidized paint. I used it last year and it looked great. Although it did not last as long as "nu finish" wax. I sprayed a towel down and spread it on and used a second dry towel to wipe up the excess. way easier than waxing.
  3. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

Thanks I think I will try it this weekend.
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think wax would be much cheaper.
  5. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

Have you checked the price of wax lately. I will spend a few more bucks on ff if it works better than wax. To me its worth in the long run. The cost of your paint now flakeing away is priceless!
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

About $5.00.
  7. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

I can buy ff for only 6.25 a can and if its better than wax, im all for it. I spare no expense on a truck, tractor, etc that makes me money and puts food on the table!!!
  8. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

There is no way FF is going to be a better wax\sealant then wax from a automotive store! Great product for everything else, just not to wax paint.
  9. Y-town IceMan

Y-town IceMan Junior Member

wow, I've never heard of this. interesting idea tho.
  10. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

You spend 6.25 on a can of fluid film needing at least a can to wax your truck once or 5-10 bucks on a good carnuba wax that only needs coating 2-3 times a year. Thus yielding about 3-4 years of waxing before needing replacement. I guess your math is better then mine:)
  11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

I find it hard that it takes a whole can of FF just to wipe down a truck.

And how many times have you waxed a truck? Its not that easy.
  12. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

why not wax the truck with regular auto wax then wipe down with FF. Double protection!