1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film saved my plow pump

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by SKYNYRD, Jun 19, 2009.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

the packing nut seal on my western isarmatic pump has been leaking for a couple of winters now. last winter the leak got so bad we were putting fluid in it like every 3rd driveway. my dad has been leary about attempting to fix it because he broke the entire ram housing off of one years ago while trying to get the packing nut off. over the last month i have sprayed the threads the best i could with fluid film and just let it sit. today i took a crowfoot attached to my breaker bar and attempted to remove the nut. nothing happened naturally. i heated the area up oh so slightly with some mapp gas, watched the fluid film bubble lol, then put the breaker bar back on and the nut started to move. i moved it back and forth half a turn or so then sprayed more fluid film on it then took the nut off. i cleaned the threads real good, changed the seal inside the nut, sprayed the seal and inside of the nut with fluid film, brushed some fluid film onto the threads then put the nut back on. the pump no longer leaks and i owe it all to fluid film. thanks dano!