1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid film or similar

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by lagwagon, Jan 22, 2009.

1. lagwagon

lagwagon Member

Do you guys spray/coat your plow equipment (and other parts of your ATV) with Fluid Film or similar? If so, how often? I heard someone else recommend it here or another forum.
  2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

I spray down the blade and moving parts with Fluid Film. The blade doesn't stay coated for long but it last on everything else. I usually spray it after I wash the truck, I try to do that after every storm. Haven't really had a chance to do that this year.
  3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

We use spray silicone $1.59 per can (cheap), maybe 3 times per season and it stays slippery.:D:D:D
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Any particular brand or just the cheapest on the shelf?
  5. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I spray all moving parts on the plow with FF twice a season on the first day of plowing and halfway through the season

usualy it takes about a can a little less than one every time I spray it
  6. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

Made by Liquid Wrench, also good for the boots, waterproofs them lol!!! Menard's carries it.
  7. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

do you guys ever use wax on the blade to keep snow from sticking?
  8. ALC-GregH

from pa

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

I dont, but it sounds like a good idea and it would be very cheep:D I think im going to try it ill get back to you:D
  10. ALC-GregH

from pa

My dad use to coat the old metal snow shovel with wax. It actually made it kinda hard to throw the snow, as soon as you go to toss it, is slides off before you can get any momentum up to throw it. LOL It never stuck to the shovel though! :)