1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film on rubber

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by kawasaki guy, May 12, 2015.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

I Fluid Filmed my bike (looks GREAT! Will upload pictures later), but i got a little bit on the tires. Not noticeable, but was wondering if it would harm them, or how would I get it off the tires if it would harm them.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Bike as in bicycle or motorcycle?
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Fluid film's website says that you shouldn't use it on rubber. It tends to deteriorate it.

If you want to lubricate rubber, try KY Lube, or find a better partner...:D
  4. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

bycycle. :laughing: Wanted to test it out on that before I do anything bigger.
    great. It is only overspray though, and i just buffed it out with a rag so it would look good. Hoping I will be fine. It was a $400 bike 1 year ago.

payup :waving:
  5. EurekaJC

EurekaJC Sponsor
    from 94080

thanks for the post

Hello Kawisaki guy,

thanks for the post, Fluid Film will penetrate non oil resistant rubbers. however a bit of over spray will not affect you much. Fluid film can be used as a tire shine on cars and trucks so it will not damage the rubber itself.