1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film on polished aluminum.

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by JD Dave, Dec 15, 2007.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well I put my car away today and I thought I would spray the rims with FF to prevent oxidization. We'll see in the spring how it works, my rotors are a little rusty from sitting around but I can't take it for a drive so I put FF on them too, it will burn off anyway with brake clean and use.

Car and Brooke Dec 07 029.jpg

Car and Brooke Dec 07 031.jpg
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

BTW Dano all this FF was bought in the US.
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Now we know who makes all the money..
  4. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I'm not too sure about that one. I would be very cautious with FF on my rotors. Have you ever done that before? I would think that it would be very dangerous and would be concerned with it getting on the pads, too. JMO.
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I agree. I know that on a motorcycle when you get any lube on a rotor it will cake/glaze the pads and no amount of hard stops will help them. Best bet once once a lube gets on pads is to replace them. Granted they will still work, just not 100%.

If you havent used the brakes on it since spraying it, I would get it off the rotor with brake clean asap. It will not soak in the metal, but the pad is porous and will soak it up.