1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fluid film on lower edges of car doors

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by tjw in kans, Nov 22, 2007.

1. tjw in kans

tjw in kans Member
    from ne kans

thinking about applying to bottom insides of car doors and sills, will it rub off on wifes clothes and i will never hear the end of it and a bad idea? rubbing with a polish cloth until dry defeat the purpose? like to find out in advance so i dont get cut off. thanks.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We spray it inside the doors and the sills. We drill holes and use rustproffing plugs. You can spray up the drains in the bottom of the door also.

3. spray with what

Are you spraying with spray cans or bulk sprayer ??

I did the inside of the bronco tailgate with a spray can.
    I brushed on the mold board from a gallon can.

Planning on the doors and sills asap
    tc

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

5. tjw in kans

tjw in kans Member
    from ne kans

want to apply where the door skins are crimped along the insides of the doors , on exposed surfaces, facing the inside of vehicle, salt seems to do the most initial damage to my vehicles. not sure of doing inside the doors, may have to weld in patch panels in 5-10 years, will it catch on fire DANO, or others, what do you think? spray it on and leave it, facing the inside of the vehicle, or wipe down with a polish cloth, will that defeat the purpose?

6. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

If there are any areas where you don't want it to come off on your hands or clothes, just rub it in like you would a wax. It will still offer some good protection. Just wipe it back before doing any welding.