1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film now in O'Reilly stores nation wide!

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by eurekadg, Sep 5, 2013.

1. eurekadg

eurekadg Junior Member

Fluid Film is now sold NATION WIDE @ O'Reilly's Auto Part stores. :D

2. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

I don't get it. What's the big deal about this O'Reily's? I've never seen them in Canada, but I shop cross border a lot and why would I want to dump the stores that I buy from now ? Why do big companies always crap on the local dealers that sold their brands when nobody wanted it ? I swear by Fluid Film, but I have noticed a huge change among the members here as Fluid Film has become popular. Very few people post here anymore because they feel they are no longer relevant. Fluid Film is always pushing us to buy from Grainger, and AutoZone, and now O'Reily's. Go into any of those places and ask for Fluid Film and they will look at you like you have two heads. I bet most people on this site in this forum have been using Fluid Film for years. Why come in and tell us now that we should be buying from this new chain store dealer ? No thanks. I'll keep buying Fluid Film from my locally owned auto store and an on-line dealer in the states that has treated me well for many years.

3. eurekadg

eurekadg Junior Member

It isn't about dumping the local dealers that you normally buy your product, it is just about informing Fluid Film users of another store that now carries the product. It is never pushed upon to buy from a particular store or forcing any person to buy from a particular store.

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks for the info Danielle. I'm never able to find it local, have always had to order on ebay. I'll check O'Reily's prices anyways to compare.

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, on the bright side....

If it's sold in more retail and online outlets, in "theory", the greater number of places you buy it, "should" drive the pricing down a bit due to competition.

Unless of course you're talking about fuel pricing... and that's in a different economics class..:(

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

haha no doubt!!

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Here's an action shot for ya DG :waving:

Fluid Film.jpg

Fluid Film.jpg

8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Wouldn't count on it. Might mean Eureka FF may sell it cheaper wholesale but dealers will reap the rewards. We get hosed in Canada on the product so like many of us I order online from usa.

9. blue sky guy

blue sky guy Junior Member

Got my Fluid Film at O'Reilly's and had it priced matched at $9.99 from AutoZone. They just started to carry it 2 weeks ago. They looked at me with a blank stare when I asked for it when Fluid Film was promoting it in Michigan locations. Can't wait to use my 8 spray cans I special ordered!!

10. joeyg999

joeyg999 Member
    from Kansas

To bad wally world doesn't sell it I love price matching there. You find the youngest dumbest lokking cashier and name your own price. My best score was some drill bits they wanted 30 something for. I told the kid they have them on sale across the street for 3.99 he matched it.
    The wifey will not go to the register with me anymore :laughing:

11. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Seems to be the thing for living up there. I recently read somewhere you guys pay about 25 to 30% more for the same pickup truck purchase. IE: $80K for a 13 Ram 4500 series loaded. I almost fell off my computer chair when I read that... I guess that's what you get for having RUSH have your country as their home base....;)

I also ordered mine online.... which reminds me, I only have 3 cans left....:)

12. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

Luckily, I have a local supplier here that carries the FF in large quantities of each of the spray cans, gallon bulk and 5 gallon bulk. They never run out and I use it all the time on my customer's PWC and jet boats.

13. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Fluid Film also now sold at AUTO ZONE AUTO PARTS :nod::D

14. D2 Cat

D2 Cat Junior Member

Your integrity (or lack of) is exposed. So you take advantage of every situation you can. Maybe it will be 30 below in the middle of the night with no help when Murphy shows up!

15. So tell me..Will fluid film compare with Pam cooking spray?

16. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

IDK, but from what I've heard...One tastes like olive oil and the other tastes more like sheep sweat.

17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Its $12.00 a can at O'Reilly, I would hope it wouldn't go higher!!

18. SnowGuy73

Wow.... You must be so proud of yourself.

19. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Funny thing is I work in retail and happen to catch a guy just like him a few weeks ago.Except when this person told the cashier the price was marked down.I was nice enough over hear this and jump in a tell cashier whom just started working there that it was only on the 25foot tapes and not 50 foot plus it was the wrong brand.Funny thing he now didnt need the tape and left.....AMAZING....

20. SnowGuy73

Haha! Good for you!