1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fluid Film Meets the FireHouse

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by MLS PLOW, Dec 2, 2009.

MLS PLOW Junior Member

Recently the chief of my fire dept asked me to fix the telescoping light poles. We were unable to raise them without it being a 2 person operation. The aluminum poles and hardware had seized up. So I tried everything at the Firehouse (penetrating oil, Liquid wrench, WD40, etc) nothing worked. So I bought a can of FF and sprayed the area, waited 15 minutes and was able to move all the hardware, the pole moved up and down, and I did it with one hand.

Since then I have used FF on all of our hydrant wrenches, telescoping lights, I have applied it to the tools one day and wiped off excess the next day. The axe heads after cleaning and repainting still look brand new. We had a Large Diameter hose clamp that took both hands to open and close. After spraying FF on the screw shaft, I can turn it with one finger.

I have used FF on my company plow and truck for a year now. The underside still looks brand new and the plow has no rust on it. The owner of our company is now a believer. I have sprayed all of the plows and he can't wait to see how they look at the end of plow season.

Thanks FF for a great product.
  2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

That is an awesome testimonial! Thank you for sharing it and thank you for your support!
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes FF is great stuff, I being the smart one forgot to spray FF on my spinner head last winter before putting it away. Well just got it out and hooked up the spreader and the spinner head would not move. I could move it a little bit by hand, checked for 12 volts to the spinner motor all was good there. Sprayed it down good with FF and my guys are like you will be buying a new motor. Told them just wait and see, well after about 1/2 of sitting it started to free up, after 45 mins we had it working like new. Thanks FF and maybe next spring I will remember to spray it down again.

Regards Mike
  4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I am liking this thread! Thanks for sharing!